With an engine output of 156 kW (212 HP), a DIN vehicle kerb weight of only 192 kg and a suspension and aerodynamics designed for maximum race track performance, the new M RR meets the main expectations in the top segment of Superbikes.
The highlights of the new BMW M 1000 RR.
- M RR four-cylinder engine based on the RR engine for racing sport. Even more peak power, higher torque in the medium range and 500 rpm more maximum speed.
- 156 kW output at 14 500 rpm and thus 4 kW more than in the RR. Maximum torque of 113 Nm at 11 000 rpm.
- New 2-ring forged piston 12 g lighter, adapted combustion chamber and compression increased to 13.5. In addition, slimmer and lighter rocker arms.
- Fully machined intake ports with new duct geometry and BMW ShiftCam technology for varying the valve control time and valve lift.
- Titanium valves, on the exhaust side with new spring assembly, slimmer and 6 % lighter rocker arms and optimised camshafts.
- Very light, compact engine block with longer and 85 g lighter titanium connecting rods from Pankl for reduced friction power and less weight.
- Anti-hopping clutch without self-reinforcing for optimum Launch Control.
- Optimised differentiated intake system with shorter intake funnels for optimised gas exchange at high rotational speeds.
- New, 3,657 g lighter exhaust system with exhaust manifold, front silencer and rear silencer made of titanium.
- M winglets and high windscreen: Braking later and accelerating earlier and more stability when cornering thanks to the aerodynamic downforce without any reduction in maximum speed.
- “Rain”, “Road”, “Dynamic”, “Race”“ and “Race Pro1-3” riding modes and the latest generation of the Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) and DTC wheelie function with 6-axle sensor box.
- Two adjustable characteristic throttle curves for optimum response characteristics. Engine brake with threefold adjustable engine drag torque in “Race Pro” mode.
- Shift assistant Pro for shifting gears up and down without clutch. Simple reversibility of the shift pattern for race track use.
- Launch Control for perfect race starts and Pit-Lane-Limiter for precise speed in the pit lane.
- Hill Start Control Pro for convenient starting on slopes.
- Chassis design trimmed for race track use with modified geometry, optimised wheel load distribution and extended adjustability of the swinging arm pivot point.
- Optimised upside-down fork and revised central spring strut with Full Floater Pro kinematics.
- M brakes for the first time at BMW Motorrad: The M RR with maximum braking performance for the race track.
- M carbon wheels: Classy high-tech components for maximum performance on race track and road.
- Instrument cluster with large, perfectly readable 6.5-inch TFT display, starting animation with M logo and OBD interface that can be used with activation code for the M GPS data logger and M GPS laptrigger.
- Lightweight M battery, USB charging socket in the rear, powerful integrated LED light units and heated grips.
- M design and dynamic form language indicate ultimate race track performance.
- M competition package with M GPS laptrigger and activation code, M milled parts package, M carbon package, silver, 220 g lighter swinging arm, DLC-coated M endurance chain and passenger package including tail-hump cover.
- Comprehensive optional accessories and optional equipment ex works.